Anyone for audio?
Confession: I read very little these days. That is, I read a great deal for research purposes, and I read far too many newspapers articles (especially this year, when the politics everywhere has been so intense and dramatic!) – but as for sitting down with a novel … sorry, but I can’t remember the last time I did that!
Shocking? Well yes. Writers should read, shouldn’t they?
I agree, absolutely. My problem is, since I started writing novels myself, I’ve found my concentration span has shortened immensely when it comes to reading other people’s books. If a novel is fantastic, it makes me want to run off instantly and get back to my own writing – in other words, I find good writing inspiring. If something is poor, or just doesn’t catch my interest … well, frankly, life’s too short to waste.
However, I do get through twenty to thirty novels…
View original post 480 more words
Sign up to our newsletter for updates and offers: We never spam and never pass on your email address. You can opt-out at any time.
- Need a stocking stuffer? Ho, ho, ho, we’re here to help!
- Three amazing offers and a wild horse summer
- May is for Maizey and our Paperback Giveaway! 45+ copies to be won
- A fabulous wedding comedy FREE for Spring. Plus Win up to 20+ Women’s Fiction eBooks
- Kindle Paperwhite * Amazon Gift Cards * 60+ eBooks!